Beet and Ginger Soup
by Lee-Anne Wann on August 20, 2021
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 large beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp. coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- Rock salt and ground Black pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the beets and ginger and heat for around 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, coconut cream and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil and continue stirring for about half a minute.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and leave for around 30 – 40 minutes until the beet is nice and tender. Keep checking and stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Once the beets are done, take off the heat and let cool.
- Using a blender or food processor, process the mix in batches until it resembles the consistency of a puree. Mix in chia seeds.
- Rewarm to serve adding a tsp of coconut oil and mix through.