PISTACHIO BARK RECIPE
by Lee-Anne Wann on October 01, 2020
SERVES: makes 20 pieces (height is approx. 1 cm.)
Why I love this
This is such a great option for those wanting to reduce the effects of aging, manage their weight and improve their response to stress all while being able to indulge a little and combat those sweet cravings. I hope you enjoy as much as I do xxxx Lee-Anne
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Rock salt to taste
- Line a baking tin with baking paper. I used 26cm x 16 cm slice tin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil, honey and almond butter together, whisking to combine.
- Once melted, take off the heat and add in the cacao powder and keep whisking.
- Pour in to your lined tin and let cool on the bench for about 10 minutes before placing in the fridge.
- When the mix is starting to harden, sprinkle the pistachios and the rock salt over the top so they settle in to the mix slightly and place back in to the fridge to harden.
- Once hard, cut in to pieces. Keep stored in freezer.